Be vigilant and stay alert! Do not become a victim.
When answering ads, make sure you deal with the buyer/seller personally. Here are some tips to avoid getting scammed:
- Do not pay to anyone unless you’ve met them personally. It’s better if you deal with the seller or buyer locally and avoid offers that involve shipping.
- Do not transfer funds to anyone you do not know. If someone you have not met asks you to send them money through wire transfer such as Western Union, they are likely to be a scammer.
- Do not accept payments with money orders or cashier checks. If you try to encash a fake check with the bank, you will be held responsible.
- Avoid transactions that have a third party guarantee. You need to deal directly with the primelist account holder/user for buying and selling transactions.
- Do not buy or rent anything if you have not seen the product, apartment, house, or property.
- Do not freely give away your personal information voluntarily to anyone you do not know.
- Do not consent to background checks or credit evaluation if you have not met the employer or landlord in person.
If you have information about any scam attempts or potentially fraudulent activities, please make sure to notify any of the following: